7/04/2010

The kitchen and office corner, La cuisine et le coin bureau

When we bought the house, the kitchen was so old and weird. It was as large as the house, but the sink, stove and all the cupboards were cramped in 5' x 7'. The only electric outlet was in a cupboard! And the kitchen table was right next to a small toilet (you could almost sit in there and eat at the table)!!!!

For five years, I dreamed and planned my futur kitchen. Here it is :


Quand nous avons acheté notre maison, la cuisine était tellement étrange et vieille. Elle était aussi large que la maison, mais l'évier, la cuisinière et tous les placards étaient coincés dans un espace d'environ 1,50 m x 2,10 m. La seule prise électrique était dans un placard! Et la table de la cuisine était collé sur une petit salle d'eau (vous pouviez presque vous y assoir et manger à table)!!!

Pendant cinq ans, j'ai planifié méticuleusement notre future cuisine. Là voici :



The window overlooking the backyard was on the top of my list.The discontinued wooden Ikea cabinet doors were painted white and are easily touched up when needed.The table was made with a piece of Ikea counter and the legs of an old table (painted dark grey).The chairs were bought at Ikea 20 years ago...

This is my energy central!

The office corner is where the old kitchen was. There is a new archeway where the stove used to be. This gives the once dark dining room so much light. The kids' small table is an old play table with a seat in the middle (don't know the name of that) that was left in the house by the previous owners.


I love my new office space. I can keep an eye on the kids when they are on the computer. I don't have to print a recipe found on internet. My recipe books are no longer hidden. The cabinets hold my Etsy items. I can check my emails while cooking (sometimes feels more like cook while checking my emails). I have great light. I love it because I'm with everybody. But sometimes I hate it because I'm with everybody...



My boyfriend made the bookshelf with an Ikea butcher block counter and cut down the 24" deep base cabinets so they could be the right height. 


The wall is painted with black chalk board paint (just for that beautiful mat finish).

5 commentaires:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Everything is so beautiful, Louise...How did you find the time? :o)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Le détournement des meubles de cuisine pour le coin bureau, c'est génial! J'aime beaucoup tes idées déco et le vaisselier détourné en étagère à livre est génial!*
    A bientôt
    Céline ( from Strasbourg, France ;-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I hope you don't mind, I have pinned the pic of your metal shelving, which I love and are just what I have been looking for in the way of open shelves for my kitchen. Found your blog through your comment on AT. Thanks, Belinda

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I really don't mind and I'm happy to know that I was somehow able to help.

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts with Thumbnails